Think fast! Make a game with a massive red button to test your reaction time. You don’t need any previous knowledge of coding, electronics or even Science: our Time to React Do It Kit provides everything you need to teach over three hours of inspiring, hands-on Computer Science or Biology.
Suitable for KS3 or GCSE
The code is pre-loaded onto the board so you can simply plug and play, or can get your class using their coding skills to add things and make changes in the Arduino IDE.
Our Computer Science lesson plans give you an introduction to physical computing, Arduino and circuits. After you’ve made the game you use our simple code to help you understand how to read, edit, rewrite and create a simple game. Once you’ve mastered the basics we help you explore the world of a programmer. What is physical computing? What’s an app? How do you choose which programming language to use? How do programmers work and what do they do?
Our Biology lesson plans help you learn about neurons, synapses, reflexes, the ethics of human experimentation, computer and human sensing systems, and working scientifically.
Each Time To React Do It Kit includes:
• access to our teacher pack, including over three hours of lesson plans, worksheets, diagrams and teacher notes with curriculum links
• a step-by-step set up guide for classroom making
• Arduino board with pre-loaded code
• massive red button
• LED light with microswitch
• seven segment, four digit display
• sturdy enclosure with custom laser cut lid