With the Time to React Do It Kit, your class will be challenged to put together their own reaction time testers with LED lights, a Genuino board and a massive red button. They will then design and carry out a series of experiments to test their abilities when reacting to different stimuli under a range of conditions. Along the way, they will learn about neurons, synapses, ethics, human experimentation, computer and human sensing systems, and working scientifically.
The Time to React Do It Kit includes over three hours of lesson plans with worksheets, diagrams, teacher notes and curriculum links. Our teaching resources are written by a team of real scientists and award-winning educational authors.
In addition to the core lesson plans, the Time to React Do It Kit includes ideas for complementary lessons in GCSE Physics and Computing teach circuits and resistance. The code is pre-loaded onto the board so you can simply plug and play, or can get your class using their coding skills to add things and make changes in the Arduino IDE.
Each Time To React Do It Kit includes:
• access to our teacher pack, including over three hours of lesson plans, worksheets, diagrams and teacher notes with curriculum links
• a step-by-step set up guide for classroom making
• Genuino board with pre-loaded code
• massive red button
• LED light with microswitch
• seven segment, four digit display
• sturdy enclosure with custom laser cut lid
• connectors and battery